Disclaimer: *Sorry! I’m not a photographer by any means, so the picture isn’t the best lol*
Supplies needed: 4 Simple Items!
- White Glitter…I got mine at Michaels. I used Creatology Glitter 3 oz
- Salt & Pepper Shakers…big enough to put the mini figurines in. I got these at the Dollar Tree.
- Celebrate It Merry Mini’s…found the mini figurines in store at Michales. I tried to find them on Michael’s website to give a link, but I was unable to find.
- Command Mini Refill Strips I used these to secure the figurines to the salt & pepper shakers.
When I’m not reading, I am probably crafting. I love to create something by hand. I wanted to hand make most of my Christmas gifts this year, so I took to Pinterest for inspiration. I looked through several different sites and Christmas Salt & Pepper Shakers caught my eye. I have a cousin who collects salt & pepper shakers, so it was the perfect idea for her gift!
There are so many different people posting on how to make the salt & pepper shakers and I looked at several different ones, so unfortunately, I cannot credit one single person for the idea. The command strips were actually something I came up with on my own because I didn’t want to deal with glue and waiting for it to dry…yuck!
I went out and got my supplies, turned on a holiday movie and crafted away! The good thing about this craft is that it is so simple to make & fun! I loved picking out the miniature figurines and putting it all together. It turned out beautiful!
How to Make:
- Use a command strip for each figurine. I placed one side to the bottom of the figurine and then put the other sticky side at the bottom of the shaker. Make sure you know where you want to put it because you can damage the figurine by trying to pull the strip up to place it somewhere else.
- Use the glitter to cover the strip and give the effect of the figurine sitting in the snow.
- Secure the lid on the shaker & you’re done!
Not too bad, huh?